BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I've been a bad blogger.

I haven't paid much attention to my blog lately and haven't left many comments around town but will be better.

It's definitely changing to fall around here. The nights are much cooler, the squirrels are going crazy in the trees looking for acorns and the days are getting shorter. I actually don't mind it getting darker earlier in the evening which is surprising for someone who craves sunshine. I don't mind darkness, I just hate gloomy, grayness. In the winter time when it's dark by 5:00 I get in my jammies early. Sometimes when I get home from work I change out of my school clothes right into my nightclothes as my grandmother called them. The only bad part of getting dark early is if you have to go out to run errands, then it seems so late.



So, school...
This years kindergartners are kicking my ass. We've only been in school for 8 days but it seems like 80. Summer vacation is but a distant memory in the recess of my mind. We've got kids that socialize too much, kids that have never been away from mommy in 5 years and don't know how to socialize, sassy kids that think they're talking to their mother I guess, defiant kids, for example when I ask a student to come out from under the table and join the others for a story her response, "make me" then "I'm warning you, I'm not coming out!" Okay, now I have a soft spot for children but when they act like that out comes the mean mother voice. You know that voice I'm sure. It gets a little deeper and has a certain tone. "And I'm warning you, Get. Out. From. Underneath. The. Table. NOW."
This is my second career. I worked in the corporate world for 18 years before leaving for this second one. At this rate I may be moving on to my third career which I was saving for my next life. I've always wanted to be a florist and as much as I LOVE flowers, they make me sneeze.
Not all of the little ones are like that thank God. There are a few that truly want to be there. They listen to every word you say, their faces and smiles show the pure delight they feel to be in school. So far each afternoon when hubby comes home from work he finds me like this. He decided to take a picture since our camera is now back from New York City. (another long story)
I have to have a nap. Notice what's clutched in my hand. My allergies have been murder. No stinkin' kleenex for me. I go for the heavy duty artillery; paper towel.

1 comments:

tornwordo said...

I don't think I could do it. Power to you! Those paper towels will make the nostrils raw you know ; )