BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans.
I hope everyone one way or another has a delicious turkey dinner today.

Three things I learned about turkeys this week in kindergarten.
They sleep in trees.
Some male turkeys have a blue head.
That red thing that hangs off their neck is called a waddle.
I just called it a gobbler for years. Now I know.


The turkey is really an ugly bird. It looks rather alien.
The male is especially hideous up close and personal. For once the female species of a bird is better looking. Ben Franklin thought the turkey would have been a better choice of bird for the American symbol that the bald eagle.
I have many people and things in my life to be thankful for. To mention just a few:
My family, my parents are still with us. I have a husband who loves me dearly and 2 healthy and smart kids.
My friends, both in real time and on line.
My job, I have a job I love, most days I can't believe I get paid to do it. Some days I earn every penny and more.
Health insurance, I only pay 5% of the cost of my family plan, including prescription coverage.
May you have many blessings in your life also.

2 comments:

Kitten Herder said...

Happy T-day.

BTW, I heard that during intercourse, the male turkey's heads can turn VERY blue. Does that make them smurf birds?

Summer Rose said...

A day late Happy ThanksGiving!
Spending it with family is the best way to do any holiday.

I hope you don't mind I'm adding to my blog list, as soon as Ch gets back from the store.
S.R.