BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Phew!! I'm glad it's over.

I don't think I could have lasted another day with all the campaign ads. I don't know about your area but in mine there were some pretty nasty races going on. It's unfortunate when you have candidates running negative ads which in turn makes the opponents run ads to refute those ads and then fire back insults. It makes me not want to vote for either of you. It's a waste of time, energy and money. Instead of telling me about the other's foibles, tell me what you will do for us.


But it's over now. I think the best man won. Naysayers, remember that change will not happen over night, it may not happen in a year, give him a chance to see what he can do.


I think McCain had many things going against him. For one, he is the same political party as the lame duck in the White House now. People were afraid it would be more of the same.


His stand on the war in Iraq. This country cannot support two wars at the same time. His promise that our servicemen and women would come home with honor when we won the war the war in Iraq was a turn off for many people. While America supports our troops, many think they shouldn't be there. It's a losing battle. There will never be peace in that country and we're in a quagmire over there. Focus on Afghanistan.

Sarah Palin; I think she was the wrong choice. I'm sure she's got some smarts, she wouldn't have gotten to where she is now if she didn't but I thought her inexperience was glaring.


I thought McCain's concession speech was good, he came across gracious and I liked how he expressed to all Americans the need to band together and support our new president. What I didn't like was some of his supporters in the crowd. To boo when Obama's name was mentioned was childish and to boo him when McCain expressed his condolences to Obama on the death of his grandmother was classless. Maybe that's just me, I was brought up to not boo at the opposing team. At the ref, maybe :)

15 comments:

Gman said...

The best man won? In my opinion, he won because of the inexperienced disolusioned youth of this nation and the minority voters who wanted to make history. Being a minority myself, I can say that... At any rate his glaring inexperience will show soon enough. Russia has already spoken up to test this man voted in by the "peaceniks" in Hollywood like Tim Robbins. Russia will delpoy missiles accross from Poland and our other enemies will crawl back out of the caves Bush pushed them into and attack our great nation again. It is amazing to me how quickly the american sheep forgot about 9/11......

Summer said...

gman
I am not an inexperienced youth, I voted in 7 presidential elections. Disillusioned, yes, the current administration has made this country what it is today and trashed our reputation around the world.

As for being a minority, try being a woman in a man's world.

I am not a sheep and will never forget 9/11 or the servicemen and women fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, especially the ones that have given their lives. As for George W. Bush's illconceived war in Iraq, what a debacle.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Nothing I can say will ever get you to think differently.

I am not

Anonymous said...

Loved your reply to gman....and he did raise some awareness but....

Screw the infidels who have been hiding, we'll take care of them.

First, we MUST take care of ourselves, which Bush has done a piss poor job of.

Obama has quite the road to travel but I'm fairly excited that we're no longer under Republican rule!!!

Gman said...

Well, it doesnt matter to me that a democrat won. What matters to me are the lives of the men/women in uniform accross the globe many of whom I am still closely associated with from my time in the service. One wrote me this morning with a disturbing note concerning what he is seeing at his post outside America, and I quote, " I see a bad moon rising, I see trouble on the way, I see earthquakes and lightnin', I see bad times today..." Creedence Clearwater Revival by the way....The fellow who wrote this is in intel btw so while we are busy taking care of ourselves, well, you get the picture. Be afraid...be very afraid....

Kitten Herder said...

Obama will not forget about our troops or our security. However, he understands that our country is weary of a war that we feel we cannot win (and perhaps should not have gotten into in Iraq, at least). Obama has a good appreciation for his own strengths and weaknesses. I am certain that he will seek experienced input on the best way to extricate ourselves, AND to prevent future terrorist attacks. He is definitely not blind to our security.

Obama is not perfect. However, many of us feel that he was the better choice.

For the record, I am not an inexperienced youth. Four years ago, given a choice between Kerry and McCain, I would have voted for McCain. At the time, he was a moderate. This time around he repackaged himself to pander to the far right of his party and picked a frighteningly niave, far right, running mate whose inexperience makes Obama look like a saged statesman.

I have a degree in Middle Eastern Studies, so I understand the threat from that quarter. I doubt that the threat level would be different if McCain would have won.

Like Summer said, I do not expect you to see our view point. However, I expect you to respect our right to hold a differing opinion.

Gman said...

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies.... Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain..... For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston.... And so nevermore shall we see you again.....LOL,.....LOL,.......let the feast begin.....

Summer said...

gman

I have no clue as to what your last comment means except maybe you've been drinking while hunting a large shark.

Unknown said...

Gman was posting song lyrics. See: http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/s/spanishladies.shtml

But, yeah, grogging and sharking seem likely

Gman said...

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous....LOL,...LOL,..the tired, disolusioned ravings of a former gman.....九七式欧文印字機....欧文タイプライタ暗号機

Summer said...

gman,
Should I be worried about you?

Gman said...

And thus I clothe my naked villainy....With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ....And seem a saint when most I play the devil.....LOL,....LOL,.....

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

gman,
Ah, William Shakespear but here's Abraham Lincoln.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Gman said...

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Gman said...

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.
- General George Patton Jr