BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Male + Female = Baby

I read the news today that Jamie Lynn Spears (Britney's little sis) is pregnant. What a surprise. Apparently it was an even bigger surprise to Jamie and her mother. The following is an article from Access Hollywood. My comments are aqua.



LOS ANGELES, Calif. (December 18, 2007) – Jamie Lynn Spears, the 16-year-old sister of Britney Spears is pregnant. A rep for Nickelodeon confirmed to Access Hollywood, Spears, the star of “Zoey 101” is having a baby. “We respect Jamie Lynn’s decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn’s well being,” the network said.
The fourth and final season of “Zoey 101” wrapped months ago so production will not be affected, the Nickelodeon rep told Access.
According to OK! magazine who exclusively interviewed Jamie Lynn and her mother Lynne, the actress is 12 weeks along. The father of the baby is reportedly her longtime boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.
“It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected,” she told OK! “I was in complete and total shock and so was he.”
What?? Total shock?? At age 16 you'd better know how babies are conceived. Now it would be "so unexpected" if she wasn't having sex and got pregnant. It would also be another miracle.

Jamie Lynn said she found out she that was pregnant, first through an at-home test, then later through a visit to her healthcare practicioner.
“As soon as I found out for sure from the doctor, I took two weeks to myself where I didn’t tell anybody,” she said. “Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone’s opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me.”
The “Zoey 101” star told her mother, Lynne Spears, over the Thanksgiving holiday. Momma Spears was shocked when she first heard the news.

Really??

“I didn’t believe it because Jamie Lynn’s always been so conscientious,” Lynne told the magazine. “She’s never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby.”
Holy crap! You can get pregnant if you break your curfew? I should have a whole lot of kids then. Apparently Jamie Lynn or her mother weren't consciencious enough. Did Mother Spears know her 16 year old baby was having sex? I realize that kids will do what they want. I'm not naive. I've told my own boys that I'd rather they didn't have sex. (I don't know if they have or not. I don't think I want to know) but if they were going to do it, PLEASE take precautions, don't rely on the lady for birth control. While I want to be a grandmother some day but now is not the time. And treat her respectfully etc.

After digesting the news, Lynne eventually “became very supportive” Jamie Lynn said.
Despite the pregnancy, Jamie Lynn said she believes teens should stay away from premarital sex.
Well that ship has sailed.

“I definitely don’t think it’s something you should do; it’s better to wait,” Jamie Lynn said. “But I can’t be judgmental because it’s a position I put myself in.”
In 2003, a 12-year-old Jamie Lynn told Access Hollywood she wanted a change at 16, but of the entertainment variety.
“I want to do acting first, then maybe take a little break, then when I’m about 15 or 16, start singing,” Jamie Lynn said.
Oh to be young again and have the world on a string.

At the same time, Britney predicted Jamie Lynn would be better at handling fame than she was.
“I think she’ll be able to handle the whole thing better than me,” Britney told Access at the time. “I was just brought into it, she’s kind of grown up with it. She’s [been] surrounded by the whole business since she [was] a really young girl. If anything I’m gonna try to get advice from her! She’s stubborn. She’s got her stuff together.”

I think I'm going to move into a cave so I don't accidentally read this junk.

Yeah, right.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh man..it's bad enough that she is a child herself..but then to talk and sound so simple. Gah.. her mother outta be slapped, too..

Kitten Herder said...

Her mother ought to be slapped until she's bruised. Look at both of her daughters. Oh, and where is the shock here folks. Jamie Lynn is Brittney's sister. With that kind of role model, we should have been surprised if Jamie Lynn became a nun.

Sad.