BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Reality

Some television shows cross over on to other shows whether it be one character such as Phoebe between Friends and Mad About You or Munch from SVU appearing on Law and Order. Some entire shows entire cast crosses over like the CSI shows. Mulder and Scully of the X-Files (I miss that show) once visited Homer Simpson in Springfield. Back in the day residents of Pine Valley from All My Children visited Lanview the fictional town on One Life to Live. I thought the
crossovers were fun.
*
What I really dislike now are reality show crossovers. I'm not a fan of Jon & Kate Plus 8 but have watched it a few times. I always felt like she was the uberbitch then I started thinking about it and realized what a loser Jon is. She had to constantly tell him what to do for every little thing. This guy has no clue when it comes to being a father or adult. He should have jumped in and helped rather than Kate having to nag him about it. He just added to her work. Of course over time you knew they'd fall out of love. He never seemed to care enough. He's proven that now with his public antics and statements about Kate but I digress. Back to crossovers.
*
While I don't watch J&K+8 I do watch TLC and see the promos for the show. They've done shows with Ace of Cakes for Kate's birthday, Emeril has come to their house to cook and in a strange one they got together with the Teutul family of American Chopper. But the weirdest crossover I've seen was on Say Yes to the Dress which takes place in Kleinfelds Bridal and I do watch this show.
*
The show of October 2 had the Duggar family at Kleinfelds store in Manhattan so mom Michelle could pick out a wedding dress for the renewal of her and Jim Bob's wedding vows celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary. First talk about a fish out of water; she looked very uncomfortable and out of her element. She wanted a high necked, long sleeved modest wedding gown. There's nothing wrong with that but I don't think that exists in Kleinfelds. She tried on several gowns that could be altered to add sleeves and a bodice covering. While she tried them on she wore a modesty garment to cover her chest. She was concerned about her belly area since she's expecting number 19 in March 2010. In the end she didn't pick out the dress her husband did. Not only that; the couple brought every one of their 18 children and pregnant daughter in law with them. My mind kept wandering to their sex life and how or if it's modest. For me there wouldn't be anymore sex life after the fourth of fifth kid. I wouldn't let him near me.
*
I don't watch the Duggar's TV show. While I admire their commitment to their children and their debt free life I think it's outrageous of a man to impregnate his wife over and over again even if she agrees to it. At age 42 this woman has been pregnant for over 12 years of her life. Not to mention the resources to raise all of them. I think of the health insurance alone. Most contracts don't discriminate when it comes to size of family. If you have mom, dad and one child, it's the same cost as a family with mom and dad with 18 kids and counting. That's unfair.

0 comments: