BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 07, 2007

Cody, my dog. He's going to be six years old this summer. I love him dearly. We rescued him from a shelter when he was two years old. He's well behaved, doesn't dig, doesn't jump on people, most of the time he comes when you call him, he loves me fiercely. He does have a bad habit though. Cody will eat almost anything if he thinks it smells good.

I have a bottle of OPI cuticle oil that I use on my fingernails. It smells nice, made of botanicals of some sort. Cody loves it. I have to keep my hands away from him when I put it on or he will try and lick it off. This past weekend I used it while sitting outside. I put it in the pocket of my sweatshirt. Well how stupid am I? The top wasn't on tight. It got all over the sweatshirt, my jeans and the bottle. I went inside to clean up but left the bottle on the grass. I was going to clean it off outside. I come back out with paper towel and the bottle was gone. Hhhhmmmm, Cody was outside and I know he likes this stuff. I thought he probably took the bottle to lick it off. I couldn't find it anywhere. Now I'm thinking, "did he swallow it?" He's a big dog, he might be able to get it down but there is no way it's going to come out. How much will this vet bill be? Before I panicked I walked around the yard again to see if I could find it.

Yes, I found it alright, broken and chewed. He licked it clean but being the dog he is, that wasn't enough. He proceeded to chew the bottle. I imagine he chewed the plastic top first, then ate the brush. Wanting more of what was in the bottle he then chewed the glass container and broke it. Little did he know, the oil then ran into the grass. I thought maybe at first Sean ran it over with the lawn mower but then noticed the blood on the plastic. I was going to compare Cody to a billy goat but did some research first. Turns out goats are actually rather picky eaters and have a much more discriminating palate than Cody.


The remains of my 12.00 bottle of cuticle oil.



This is number 2 with grandma and grandpa (my parents) last week after being inducted into the National Honor Society. Although I was very sick I couldn't miss this but it couldn't be over soon enough. I went back to school yesterday after being out for an entire week and promptly took a 2 hour nap when I got home.

1 comments:

tom said...

that is a good looking kid.

you should be so proud!