BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Signs, Signs, Everywhere A Sign

I wasn't raised in a religious home. My parents taught me everything I needed to know about living a good life and how to treat people. I'm not saying that I don't believe in a surpreme being, it's just that I didn't get a formal education in the whole story. I'm one that sometimes has a hard time accepting things on blind faith. Because someone tells me what to believe, does that make it true? Is there really heaven and hell? Has anyone come back and said, "oh yeah, it's the best place ever or, it's extreamly hot there"? I know that there are people that have "come back" from the dead and said they've seen it and their dearly departed relatives. Science has an explaination for that but I don't buy it. I'd like to think that there is a heaven and I'm going to it, even if I'm not a chuch person. People I know will be waiting for me when I get there. I hope my dogs are there too.


I can't debate religion at all. I know very little about it. I'm out of luck when I watch Jeopardy and one of the catagories is "The Bible".

What I do believe is that there are little signs in your life that if your mind is open enough, you will see them. For me, everything happens for a reason, there is fate involved. I don't really subscribe to coincidences. The best way I can think to describe it is in the movie "Signs". You may think, "oh, here she goes, gets her thoughts from a movie", not so, I've always thought that way. Now in that movie there were a lot of signs and they all came together in the end. It's not that easy in real life. I tell my kids that when I'm gone, I'm going to come back and give them a sign. I don't know what it will be but I will do it because I think it's been done. The person on Earth just doesn't know what to look for or isn't open to it.

When I was a young girl, around 16, I was home alone one afternoon and down in the basement for something. All of a sudden I heard my name called, loudly, clear as a bell. It was a female voice, I didn't recognize it. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Several years later a friend's grandfather had died in their house. The day of the funeral I volunteered to stay at the house, get the table and food ready for after. I was in the kitchen when I noticed the 2 dogs looking into the other room. They were looking up and had their heads cocked like dogs do when they are looking and listening to you. They stood like that for a full minute. I thought maybe someone had left the church early, came to the house and I didn't hear or see them come in. I looked out into the room and there was no one there. Those dogs were looking and listening to someone.
Do you ever get a strong feeling that someone is watching you and no one is around? Well maybe someone is.

2 comments:

Mistify said...

hmm my original commetn got erased...okay thanks for stopping by and for the comment. I too believe very much in those signs. Charlotte's Web is also my favorite movie, my nickname is CHarlotte and my blog is tangled web...I am glad to have found you and I look forward to reading more from you. Thanks for making me smile today.

Cheyanne said...

Very cool blogspot. Hope to join you there in that place, complete with past loved pets. Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.....
Blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind...do this, don't do that...can't you read the sign. Anyhow I think we are from the same age category and I comprehende' that music language..thanks. Visit my blogspot if you have time. Cheyanne's Campsite.