BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 19, 2010

Iced TEA

I very seldom speak about politics, it's a topic I stay away from but I do have MY opinions. Ask my family, I can be passionately opinionated if it's something important to me and I'd like to think I'm respectful of other's opinions and beliefs. One thing I can't deal with is haters like Rush Limbaugh and his minions who follow him. Can't they think for themselves? Oh and while I'm at it I can't stand when a person is so republican or democrat that they cannot see beyond their party's line. R.L. is so closed minded to anything other than republican that he's delusional. How he could defend George W. Bush is beyond me. He walked on water as did his father per Rush. Those men ruined this country and reputation around the world. Let's not forget how he hated EVERYTHING about Bill Clinton. But I'm off topic for today...
The TEA Party:
They've been accused of being racist by the NAACP and if you've followed their movement they've had some pretty racist signs at some rallies. The TEA Party say that they're not racist. Then one of their members, Mark Williams puts out this fictitious, pseudo letter written to Abraham Lincoln from a Precious Ben Jealous, Tom's nephew. Click on the letter to enlarge to read.

Now in my book that's pretty racist and disrespectful right down to the pen name of the writer. I can see why the NAACP would be upset but to quote a well known idiom that's "the pot calling the kettle black". In 1994 the NAACP invited Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, a well known racist himself who is anti Semite and a homophobe to speak before a group of distinguished black members. In 1996 Mr. Farrakhan was a winner of the Al-Gadaafi International Prize for Human Rights founded by Muammar al-Gaddafi of Lybia. You may remember a Boeing 747 named Clipper Maid of the Seas, it was blown out of the sky over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988 by a Lybian with the name of Abdel Basset al-Megrahi. This man was convicted to life in prison but was released by the British and welcomed back to Lybia with open arms by Gaddafi. This isn't the Human Rights prize I'd want to win or anyone I'd want to be associated with.
One last thing; where the hell were all these TEA Party members when Bush was president and running this country into the ground? I'll close with a quote from Martin Luther King Jr.'s I Have a Dream speech given on August 28, 1963 in front of the Lincoln Memorial three months before the assassination of his compatriot JFK.


"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".

0 comments: